Junior Class News
Mark your calendar for the following dates:
Need help with your classes or homework? Attend homework lab.
Students must have a pass signed by both their teacher and the student. Students who arrive after 2:30pm will not be allowed in to Homework Lab. Students can ride the 4pm bus home.
Preparedness comes before success. It is an expectation that all students will arrive to every class prepared for success. Make sure you have your notebook, folder, writing utensil and proper textbook for every class AND don’t forget your calculator for math and science classes. The Warrior store will be open before school and during lunch mods to sell notebooks, folders, writing utensils and two types of calculators. You may purchase a scientific calculator for $2 or a TI-84 graphing calculator for $100.
“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." -- Ben Franklin
All Students MUST leave the building directly after school.
Any student who is not participating in an after-school activity must leave the school building and exterior premises by 2:30 p.m. Students are allowed to wait for a ride inside of the Administration entrance doors but may not be in or around any other part of the building. Students who are found in other parts of the school’s campus are subject to disciplinary consequences.
Attention Student Drivers-
This is a reminder that ALL VEHICLES that are parked in the student lot MUST HAVE a CMHS Parking Permit hanging in the windshield. Any vehicle that does not have a permit will be subject to a tow.
Junior Year To Do List
- Concentrate on your GPA. Keep your grades high and your courses as challenging as possible. Meet with your counselor. Be sure your classes are on the right track for admission into colleges you are considering and you are meeting graduation requirements.
- Attend career days, college fairs, college representative visits, and campus tours.
- Intensify your scholarship search. Keep track of deadlines and requirements.
- Prepare for and take the ACT. Certain universities require the SAT; take this exam as well if needed.
- See your counselor for an NCAA clearing house form if you plan on playing sports in college.
- Search Naviance for colleges that meet your needs and academic criteria. Begin to narrow down your choices. At this time you should have 3-5 school you know you want to apply to during your senior year.