Public Comment Guidelines
The following policies and procedures will be followed for those persons requesting to make public comments.
View/print Public Comment Guidelines and Public Comment Form
View/print Public Comment Guidelines and Public Comment Form (En Espanol)
- Public Comment is conducted between 6:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., or prior to start of the regular meeting. No public comments will be addressed after the start of the regular meeting.
- Comment forms submitted after the start of the regular board meeting will not be addressed.
- The Board of Education meeting is a business meeting held in public. Please note the Board of Education’s policy requires that members not respond to the public.
- If you are unable to speak, you may submit your comments in writing and they will be shared with each Board member.
- Please address the Board of Education in a courteous and respectful manner at all times.
- Person(s) making public comments will be allowed 3 minutes. The Board of Education may extend or reduce the time limits at its discretion.
- The Board of Education will limit the number of public comments on a particular topic or issue. If you are a member of a group or organization involving the same issue, you should coordinate your comments with others to avoid repetition.
- You must complete the “Your Public Comment Topic” section of the form so that multiple comments on the same issue can be properly categorized. No comments will be permitted without a completed form.
- The Board of Education will not engage in a debate. If a comment or question requires additional research or data, the district will post such information to the district website within 14 business days of the board meeting.