Dr. Rochelle Clark
1. In a nutshell, explain how your position serves to help achieve our school district’s mission of ensuring that our children reach their full potential academically, socially, and emotionally?
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- School Safety
- McKinney Vento Services
- Mobile food pantry
- Customer Service
My position as the Assistant Superintendent of District Affairs is to manage all staff assigned to the department and assist in overseeing programs focused on decreasing barriers to education. By addressing these barriers and providing wrap-around services, it strengthens the ability of our students to be successful academically which, ultimately, leads productive citizens.
2. What are some of your key goals for the first several months on the job?
My goal for this year is to learn about the communities that I serve, be visible in our schools, and provide resources for our students in need.
3. What philosophy do you bring from your previous position that you believe will assist you
in your new role?
My philosophy is that all children can learn. We must meet them where they are and move them forward knowing the end goal is SUCCESS.
4. Describe your leadership style.
There are several types of leadership styles. If I had to give my style a title, it would be “situational” as each situation requires different direction and/or implementation. As a leader in this district, I want to provide direction and guidance as needed, encourage change, and be transparent with everything I do.
5. Chicago White Sox or Chicago Cubs?
- Dr. Clark has been in education for over 20 years.
- She has formerly worked as a Paraprofessional, Classroom Teacher, Union Vice President, Assistant Principal, Acting Principal and Director.
In my spare time I like to shop but when I am with my husband it is sports all the way; Go Cubs!