Phone: (708) 367-8369
- M.A. Counseling Psychology, National University, CA
- B.A. Psychology and Sociology, Trinity Christian College, IL
- State of Illinois Licensed Professional Counselor
- Adjunct Faculty-Prairie State College
- Contractual Therapist – Illinois Youth Advocate Program
- Dir. of Operations- California Foster families – Central Valley Foster Care
- Social Work Supervisor-Central Valley Foster Care (CA)
- Social Worker IV- Stanislaus County Children’s Service Agency (CA)
- School Based Clinician-Sierra Vista Children’s Center (CA)
I believe that equal access to education is critical for the future of our youth. Schools need to be a safe place where students can find friendship, learning, counseling, free meals, and support. Further, they should be a place where students can obtain help for their current needs, find caring adult support, and create lifelong memories. As the district homeless liaison it is my goal to assist students maintain a normal educational routine, despite their living situation.
I have more than 12 years of experience working in the social service field with children, youth, and families. I have provided therapy for individuals and families with various individual needs and with diverse backgrounds. I have greatly enjoyed collaboration with community agencies to best meet the needs of individuals and their families. I have experience in an academic setting both as a professor, therapist, and through linking students to needed services.
My husband and I have lived in the community for the past four years. I have three children, two of which are currently enrolled in the Crete-Monee School District. I am excited to be an active participant with the students, families, faculty, and staff that are dedicated to the success of the Crete-Monee School District.